“Holy cannoli,” exclaimed a noted, usually more articulate GTM Research analyst.
Sungevity made a splash in the news this week (the above quote being one of our favorite reactions) with the announcement of our most recent funding round. The $650 million investment was led by Apollo Investment Consortium and also included funds from long-standing investors like GE Ventures. This marks the biggest raise of a private company in the solar industry in 2015, and will help fund 400 megawatts of solar energy installations over the next three years. That’s equivalent to installing solar on approximately 80,000 homes!
Read more about the announcement in the news:
- Sungevity Raises Giant $600 Fund From Apollo to Finance Residential Solar (Greentech Media)
- Sungevity lands $650M investment (Kansas City Business Journal)
- Sungevity Closes Massive $650 Million Residential Solar Financing Round (CleanTechnica)
- Sungevity closes on US$650 million financing (PVTech)
- Sungevity secures $650m in funding for US, overseas expansion (Recharge News)