(Spoiler: one of them involves reading this blog, so you’re off to a good start.)
So, you’ve found the job of your dreams at Sungevity. You’ve submitted an outstanding application, and our hiring managers saw that you have the potential to take our company to the next level. Congratulations – you’re already ahead of the pack!
Now you’ve arrived at the most important part of the process: the interview. We want as much as you do for you to hit the interview out of the park, so here are five easy tips to help you shine:
- Get to know Sungevity. Visit our website, follow us on Facebook and our blog (check!), and watch our YouTube videos (especially this one about our company culture and, if you’re applying to a position in Software, this love letter to our tech team) to get a sense of our work and our culture.
- Learn more about your interviewer. Some light Internet stalking can help you make a great first impression. Find your interviewer on LinkedIn and learn what you can about his or her background and role. This can provide more context around your questions, and you might discover some common ground worth mentioning.
- Think about the questions you have for us. Remember that your interview is a two-way street. We want to you to have the confidence that this position at Sungevity is the right role and company for you. The best way to do that is to ask questions, big and small.
- Bring your honest self to the interview. Sure, we want to hear about your strengths and triumphs, but we also want to hear about challenges you’ve encountered and how you overcame them. Here are other common questions that might come up.
- Smile, bring tons of energy, and email us after to let us know how it went! We love the work we do, and we hope you will too. So, show up with enthusiasm, and follow up afterwards so we can address any remaining questions you may have.
Now you’re ready to ace it. Still have questions? Ask them in the comments below.