Here at Sungevity we are proud to be included in the 2010 Innovation Awards held by the Social Venture Network. Our fellow 2010 recipients are:
BTTR Ventures, Berkeley, CA
BTTR Ventures grows delicious specialty mushrooms in coffee grounds waste collected from local cafes. Once harvested, the mushrooms are rushed to stores just hours after picking. BBTR Venture’s closed-loop agricultural model has already turned 50,000 pounds of coffee grounds into 7,500 pounds of gourmet mushrooms and even more compost.
Green For All, Oakland, CA
Green For All is dedicated to improving the lives of all Americans through a clean energy economy. Green For All works in collaboration with the business, government, labor, and grassroots communities to create and implement programs that increase quality jobs and opportunities in green industry – all while holding the most vulnerable people at the center of the agenda.
Hot Bread Kitchen, Brooklyn NY
Hot Bread Kitchen is a nonprofit social enterprise that creates better lives for low-income women and their families by paying women while they learn the skills necessary to launch food businesses and achieve management track positions in bakeries. To help offset costs, Hot Bread Kitchen sells delicious multi-ethnic breads inspired by the bakers and the many countries that they come from using local and organic ingredients when possible.
KOMAZA, San Francisco, CA and Kenya
KOMAZA is a non-profit social enterprise committed to reducing rural poverty in Africa by connecting smallholder farmers with high-value markets. KOMAZA offers high-value trees with financial, training and marketing services to enable poor farmers to incorporate sustainable forestry business into their regular farming cycle. Working in areas affected by desertification, the forestry projects also have measurable environmental impacts.
About Social Venture Network
Social Venture Network inspires a community of business and social leaders to build a just economy and sustainable planet.
We work to achieve this mission by
- Providing forums, information, and initiatives that enable leaders to work together to transform the way the world does business
- Sharing best practices and resources that help companies generate healthy profits and serve the common good
- Supporting a diverse community of leaders who can effect positive social change through business
- Creating a vibrant community that nourishes deep and lasting friendships
- Producing unique conferences that promote the exchange of ideas and encourage the development of relationships and partnerships
- Offering programs that support the spiritual, professional, and personal development of our members
(Source: Social Venture Network)