When you think about the word social you probably think about Facebook, Twitter, bars, book clubs, or even Tupperware parties. Did you know that solar is social? Two quick facts for you:
- For every 1% increase in the number of installations in a single ZIP code, there’s a commensurate 1% decrease in the amount of time until the next solar installation.
- Having a Neighbor with Solar Panels Increases Your Chances of Going Solar by Over 200%.
Sungevity customers are part of something we call the Sunshine Network, and the folks in that network are spreading the solar revolution, fundamentally changing how we all power our lives.
We want to tell this story at South by Southwest Interactive (SXSWi)
In case you’re not familiar with SXSW, it’s a festival of music, film, and online interactivity that happens every March in Austin, TX. The interactive portion of the event has featured innovative trends and concepts like Facebook, Craigslist, Foursquare, Wikipedia, and a mobile (RV) karaoke lounge. It’s basically a breeding ground for new ideas and creative technologies and we want solar to be a part of it.
Here’s how you can help Sungevity in less than a minute.
- Click here to create a new account (it’s painless, I promise)
- Once your account is set up, click on our panel or copy and paste this link into your URL bar: http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/ideas/view/13121
- Click on the “thumbs up” button right under the title “Marketing Clean Energy to Consumers Online”
BAM! DONE! Bonus points if you want to leave a comment.
With your support, we will take our story to SXSWi and expand the ever-growing network of Americans choosing the ease, accessibility, and affordability of solar energy.
Every vote counts so if you like what you’re reading, please forward this to your friends and family to help spread the solar revolution.